Fusion Family Consulting Notice of Health Information Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY
Understanding Your Health Record/Information
This notice describes the practices of Fusion Family Consulting and that of its providers with respect to your protected health information created while you are a patient at Fusion Family Consulting. Fusion Family Consulting, providers and personnel authorized to have access to your medical chart are subject to this notice. In addition, Fusion Family Consulting and its providers may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations described in this notice.
We create a record of the care and services you receive at Fusion Family Consulting. We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. This notice applies to all of the records of your care at Fusion Family Consulting.
This notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose medical information about you. We also describe your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of Fusion Family Consulting, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information for treatment, payment, health care operations and as to disclosures permitted to persons, including family members involved with your care and as provided by law. However, we are not required by law to agree to a requested restriction, unless the request relates to a restriction on disclosures to your health insurer regarding health care items or services for which you have paid out- of- pocket and in-full;
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices;
- Inspect and request a copy of your health record as provided by law;
- Request that we amend your health record as provided by law. We will notify you if we are unable to grant your request to amend your health record;
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided by law;
- Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations. We will accommodate reasonable requests.
You may exercise your rights set forth in this notice by providing a written request, except for requests to obtain a paper copy of the notice, to the Practice Manager Lauren Gilbert at 1700 Alma Dr. Suite 450; Plano, TX 75075.
In addition to the responsibilities set forth above, we are also required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information;